Monday 11 August 2008

The 1948 Olympics

Hello everyone and anyone finding this page.

I always find something everyday that pushes a button in my memory and I find myself mentally writing it down. I decided to have a blog where I would do exactly that.

Today a British girl won a gold in the Olympics in China. The first Olympic swimming races I ever saw were on an pre war TV in 1948. I was absolutely fascinated. I was staying with the well-to-do side of the family who owned this wonderful box. I watched everyday and, already a good swimmer, I went on to become a school champion swimmer. Later I did quite well in the Air Force. Today I might have gone on to train to be a really good swimmer but that didn't happen in my day. Congratulations to the girl that won today. Go Girl!

No comments: