Thursday 20 May 2010

My 75th Birthday - Three Quarters of a Century

Well here it is – three quarters of a century – 75 today. Except for arthritis pain and a dickey tummy and getting tired easily I don’t really feel any different to 25. How strange. I have heard people saying that and it is true, inside my mind I don’t feel any different. I do have one exception. I suffer from what is now politely referred to a ‘Senior Moments’. I go to say something and it goes clear out of my head, A word usually. I describe it as – I know its yellow, I know its curved, I know I can eat it but can I say Banana – no I can’t.

Anyway – I have had a day free from being on a perpetual diet. I know, it is supposed to be called an eating plan or at least a healthy way of eating but it isn’t – it’s a diet! Today I had all the things I shouldn’t and I ENJOYED THEM ALL. Tomorrow I will go back to the plan – all except for the little bit of birthday cake left over. Worst of all I have promised myself to not have chocolate which I have allowed myself. Just four bits a day. Then its six and then its more so as usual I will have to give it up all together.

Kim brought me a lovely bunch of flowers and a card, so nice of her.

No comments: