Thursday 4 February 2010

Flu or Cold?

Flu or a cold. Doesn’t really matter, both as bad as each other. Mine can't be flu as I have had the flu jab, I suppose it could be the Swine Varity but no, I think it is just a cold. I am a little better today and had to get my own breakfast in bed, husband gone to work. I was up all day yesterday but did little more than the washing up. I shall get up in a moment but the day is sad with dark rain and the forecast says it will be like that for some days so I certainly won't be going out.
Yesterday I did try to walk for 10.00 min on my new treadmill but only got as far a 8 min when my heart rate went silly and I slowed down to a crawl. I usually do an hours exercise everyday of one sort or another so thought it might pick me up from my doldrums.

I slept well last night so didn't hear anything on my radio except Dr Carl from Australia for a few minutes before I went back to sleep. This morning they are going on about MPs expenses again - Have we forgiven our MPs yet - Not really. I like our MP but now he has been in for a while he has become the 'professional' and is not quite so likeable. He did have to give some money back, which he did immediately, but no duck house and so on. Quite a normal bloke really not like a close neighbouring constituency, some ripe stories going round about him - and he is leaving!

I didn't start voting till quite late in life as I was in the WRAF from the age of 18 and didn't have a place I could call my home constituency. So I was 25, married and with a baby for my first vote. I remember a friend and I chose to have the party we did not like chauffeur us to the polls and back. Made it come up our muddy, unmade up lane to the caravan site where we lived. We were not gypsies but might just as well have been, just the only place we could find to live. Great heavens - that was fifty years ago now. History.

No comments: