Friday 5 February 2010

Pardon me, but which is the real world.

Just listened to Radio 4 ‘How does that make you feel?’ Absolutely brilliant. I wish I could write like that. A counsellor listening to her clients. Amazing to me that much of it seems to stem from the fact that young people want to be ‘Famous’. They needed to be on Television. Has the television now become the ‘real’ world? The real world, the normal world, the one we all live in is too boring. Nothing ever happens – unless it means you are getting on Tele.


I think this even apply to me, a 74 year old, just as much as the young. I have managed to get on the Tele more than a few times in my life, radio as well. Always exciting, makes the pulses race which doesn’t happen much when you are 74.

The last time was on our local Spotlight programme, but hell, its telly isn’t it? And friends would say afterwards “Saw you the other night”. You smile and pretend it was nothing really. Which of course is exactly what it was – nothing. Yet you feel it was because for all of four minutes and a few words you said while you were inside that real world, that box – well thin screen now – you got your four minutes of fame. (How hackneyed that sounds now) You got there and all those people out there didn’t.

No wonder our young are hypnotised with it and think there is no other way to go. That, now I come to think of it, is one reason why the web, the internet has become so popular. For those that don’t make it on to that screen they can have a go for themselves on bloggs (like me) You Tube (like me) and Twitter (Also like me) plus all the other sites. Like them I am hooked. Help!

No comments: